Uniden R3 Review
The R3 is newest Uniden model having identical performance to the less expensive
Uniden R1, but with GPS functionality.
- The Uniden R3 is the best overall performing radar detector we've driven with at any price
- Uniden provides advanced digital signal processing (DSP)
- Extreme sensitivity, highest ever from Uniden
- GPS with red light and speed camera alerts
- Free GPS database updates downloadable from Uniden
- Quiet Ride - User set speed auto mute
- Updatable via USB connection to PC
- Uniden offers the brightest and most readable full color OLED display available
- Multi-function display includes voltage, compass, altimeter, time of day
- K false filter
- KA false filter
- Ka Narrow/Wide
- Nearly SPECTRE undetectable
- Unique to Uniden, two different suction cup style mounting brackets included
- Cigarette adapter with MUTE KEY and USB JACK
- Carrying case
Having more than 12-times the capture distance of a police radar gun, the R3 provides performance often exceeding all other manufacturers' top performing detectors at considerably less money and along with the Uniden R1, is currently the most sensitive detector we've ever tested!
The result is that the R3 will provide you with ample warning of instant on K and Ka band miles away.
One of the main benefits of the R3 is that it provides industry class-leading filtering to K-band automotive collision avoidance and lane departure systems so common today as well as GPS lockout of known stationery false sources.
Easy Advanced Programming
Programming your R3 for the conditions you drive is easy. Just press the menu button and you can select from various different options that include the sensitivity, the filtering, the brightness of the display and more.
Latest Firmware v1.37: (Download)
GPS Database (04/18): (Download)
Your R3 comes shipped to your door with everything you need including two windshield mounts--unique to Uniden-- a 12-volt accessory power cable with USB data port, carrying case, and a Uniden instruction manual.
Have any questions concerning your purchase?
Please email our support team 24/7 and we will promptly get back to you or call us during normal business hours to speak directly to one our countermeasure experts.