Photo Radar Quick Tips
1. Photo radar protection consists of two basic operations. The simplest way is to use special license plate covers that obscure views from above. The second involves sophisticated GPS that advises the driver of speed camera locations.
2. Photo blurring products can be a bubble of plastic or specially designed acrylic. Both allow the plate to be seen from directly behind, but obscure top, left or right views.
3. Protection from photo speed traps is as easy as installing a blurring plate on top of both front and back license plates. Anyone who can operate a screwdriver is qualified to install them.
4. We don't recommend solutions such as louvers or electric devices that flip your plates down temporarily. This is too conspicuous and the alternatives are easier and less expensive.
5. Know the laws in your state. While it is a good idea to protect yourself with some kind of photo protection device, if it risks getting an even bigger ticket, you may want to reconsider.
6. More sophisticated photo radar devices can be installed, like standard radar detectors, on your dash or windshield. These employ GPS technology to alert the driver of the location of speed photo traps before they arrive.
7. If you choose, these photo radars also advise a recommended speed, alert when entering a high accident area, and tell you when you are going over the recommended limit.
8. On Track, the primary provider of photo radar services, works tirelessly to update their database of photo trap intersections, locations of mobile vans, and the kind of cameras that are stationed at intersections. They are also constantly updating their warning locations according to the latest accident data.
9. With a GPS device, MP3 player, radar detector, and more, it can quickly become crowded on your dash. Cheetah's GPS mirror solves this problem, giving you GPS on your rearview mirror along with the option of integrating radar detection.
10. If you drive a motorcycle, there is no reason you should be at more risk of photo detection. Special plate covers are made that fit motorcycles license plates.
"I received my radar 9500i and this is my first radar detector and I just fell in love with it. I love the features especially the speed alert. I always wanted a radar detector especially when I drive to Vegas and Phoenix. My friend just bought one like 3 days ago also the 9500i. I just wanted to say thank you for your great product and helpful videos and I will be a returning customer."
-Jerry, Dallas, TX