Beltronics GT-7 Radar Detector Review
Overview of the Beltronics GT-7
Escort and Beltronics are the same company and because of this most of their models of detectors are identical other then the aesthetics and the branding of their firmware.
As a result the GT-7’s overall performance is identical to that of the Passport Max, and it is the most affordable 5-star extreme detector in its class.
Main benefits of the Beltronics GT-7:
- Supercharged detection utilizing Beltronics newest DSP (digital signal processing) algorithm enabling the GT-7 to sniff our real police radar at extreme range, while also blocking out annoying false alerts
- Defender Database Equipped – The GT-7 will alert you to fixed photo radar, red light cameras and known speed trap locations in advance
- 3 Sensitivity Driving Modes – Select from city, highway or auto
- High definition, multi-colored OLED display
- Online firmware and database updates
- Clear digital voice alerts in English and Spanish
As the Beltronics GT-7 uses the Escort's DSP (digital signal processing) technology, both the Passport Max and Max2, it has the ability to sniff out even the weakest police radar threats miles away, here is how.
Instead of scanning each radar band and frequency, the GT-7 takes a snap shot of the entire radar bands and then at the blink of an eye the DSP computer algorithm and microprocessor identifies the DNA profile of police radar, while also isolating most of the background noise.
The result is that the Beltronics GT-7 has been rated as an extreme range radar detector with the ability to alert to the new low power digital radar guns, while also blocking out annoying false alerts.
The Beltronics GT-7 is a GPS enabled radar detector, utilizing the Defender database, which empowers the Beltronics GT-7 to:
- Alert you as you approach fixed photo enforcement cameras
- Alert you as you approach known speed trap locations
- Filter out know false alert locations based upon the exact frequency and location
- Automatically adjust the sensitivity, based upon your speed
- Ability to add your own hot spot locations with the press of a button
Hi-Res OLED Display
The Beltronics GT-7 has an easy to read, multicolored OLED display, which includes intuitive icons making it easier to identify threats.
The four colors you can choose from are copper, blue, green or red.
Additional display features include:
- Cruise Alert – warning you when you’re exceeding the posted speed limit
- Bar Graph – identifying the signal strength of the threat
- Expert Meter – identifies up to 8 multiple alerts with signal strength at once
- SpecDisplay – identifies the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal
- 5 levels of brightness including full dark mode
Bilingual Voice Alerts English/Spanish
The Beltronics GT-7 has easy to understand voice alerts, which warns you in either English or Spanish of approaching threats, enabling you to keep your eyes on the road and not on your detector.
Online Database and Firmware Updates
Updating your Bel GT-7 is a snap; just download the Beltronics Radar Detector Tools program to your computer, plug your detector into your computer with a USB cable and instantly download the newest Defender and firmware updates right into your detector.
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your GT-7 either by pressing the buttons on your detector, or though your smartphone enabling you to:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX
- Language – Spanish/English
- Color of OLED display
- GPS speed display
- Cruise alert speed settings
- Overspeed setting
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Automute – On/Off
- AutoLearn – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
- GPS – On/Off
- Auto Power Settings
- Radar/Laser Bands
- Mark and/or clear locations
Included AccessoriesYour GT-7 comes shipped with everything you need including:
- NEW Magnet Mount Sticky Cup
- 12 volt smart cord
- Travel Case
- Getting Started Guide instruction booklet
You can also accessorize your GT-7 with these additional accessories
- Escort Live Power Cable
- Basic Direct wire
- SmartCord direct wire
- Dash Mount
- BlendMount mirror mount
Warranty & Support
Your GT-7 comes with Beltronics 1-year warranty and our 30-day no risk money back guarantee.
Motorcycle Use and Accessories
When accessorized with the proper motorcycle mount, external warning device, and weather protection the Passport Max becomes one of the best radar detectors for your motorcycle.
Motorcycle Mounting Systems: RadarBusters offers a variety of motorcycle radar detector and cell phone mounts by Techmount, which will fit virtually any motorcycle.
External Warning Devices: The Max does have an external earphone jack, which you can plug into your motorcycle sound system. However, we would recommend the Legal Speeding HARD system, which is a wireless heads up display.
Weather Protection: There are several websites that sell “motorcycle radar detector boxes,” but we don’t recommend them. Instead, go to your local CVS and buy a child’s size shower cap. It’s cheaper and will protect your detector just as well.
Why Buy from Radar Roy?
Authorized Beltronics Dealer: RadarBusters has been an authorized dealer for Escort since 1995, so you can be assured that you detector is covered under Escort’s warranty program and pre-approved for Beltronics' 24 month extended warranty program.
Real Reviews: Unlike the other radar detector review websites out there, Radar Roy is a retired cop and certified traffic radar instructor with over 40 years of experience and has his own arsenal of police radar and laser guns. Luxury Automotive was so impressed with Roy’s high standards and qualifications that they dubbed him the “General Schwarzkopf of radar detectors”.
No Sales Tax: You will not be charged sales tax as long as your order is shipped outside of Arizona.