RADENSO SP REVIEW
The SP is Radenso's GPS-less version of the more expensive Radenso XP. It has all of the same capabilities of the Radenso XP except without built-in GPS and alerting to photo-enforcement. Detection performance is identical.
The SP is one of the few radar detectors that incorporate an LNA (low noise amplifier) which can improve detection sensitivity dramatically over other radar detectors.
Having close to 8-times the capture distance of a police radar gun, the SP provides performance in the range of Escort's mid-level radar detectors.
The result is a radar detector that will provide you with ample warning of instant on K and Ka band radar miles away.
In our opinion, the SP is the best value in a radar detector at its $200 price point and it performs as well as some detectors costing more.
- Radenso SP is the best performing detector below $200
- LNA equipped antenna board for highest possible sensitivity on all bands
- RJ11 power connection
- Bright orange/red OLED display
- Selectable radar bands (X, K, Ka band)
- 360 degree Laser detection
- The Radenso SP features full Ka band segmentation (10 segments)
- K narrow band (+/- 70 Mhz) reduces falsing without putting you at risk to real police radar.
- Selectable Ka POP radar band (ON/OFF)
- Low power / low frequency K band detection
- BSM / CAS filter to eliminate K-band falsing from newer cars
- Separate TSR filter to eliminate falsing from Traffic sensors
- 3-digit frequency display to accurately report detected radar frequencies
- Multiple Threat display
- MUTE Mode – keeps X and K band alerts permanently muted
- Adjustable MUTE volume
- Highway, City and AutoCity Mode
- Free firmware / database updates for life
- Voice alerts with 260 different messages
- Alert frequency voice announcement
- Test Mode (full sensitivity, no filtering, no signal lag)
- VG2 undetectable / 99% invisible for Spectre IV and Spectre Elite
- Optional Direct Wire power cord available
- Optional Visor mount available
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 1 year ticket guarantee
One of the main benefits of the SP radar detector is that it provides very good filtering to K-band automotive collision avoidance and lane departure systems so common today.
Easy Advanced Programming
Programming your Radenso for the conditions you drive is easy. Just press the menu button and you can select from various different options that include the sensitivity, the filtering, the brightness of the display and more.
Bright LED Display
The Radenso's bright easy to read orange/red LED display.
Clear Digital Voice Alerts
The SP has clear audible alerts, which will provide you with the information you need without having to take your eyes off the road.
The SP does offer a direct wire cord as an optional accessory, however there is no earphone jack and there are no optional external warning devices offered by the manufacture or third party vendors which would make it suitable for motorcycle use.
Warranty and Support
Your Radenso comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty and 1-year ticket guarantee.
Comes shipped to your door with everything you need including windshield mount, 12-volt accessory power cable, USB data cable, carrying case, and an instruction manual.