Escort Max 3 Detector Review
Overview of the Escort Max 3
The main benefits of the Escort Max 3 are:
- Programmed with Escort’s advanced digital signal processing algorithms (DSP)
- Highest performing detector of the signal antenna Max series
- Much improved design over the Max and Max2 detectors
- Over 10-times the range of a police radar gun
- The ability to filter out many of the false alerts caused by the anti-collision sensors installed in new cars today
- GPS equipped – Fixed photo enforcement database, false alert filtering, auto sensitivity
- Bluetooth equipped enabling access to the Escort Live community
- Quick release magnetic mount bracket
- High definition OLED display
- Online firmware and database updates
- Clear digital voice alerts in English and Spanish
Advanced All Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Algorithm
When investing in a radar detector two of your biggest concerns is the detector’s ability to sniff out real police radar threats and its ability to filter out false alerts, here is why.
Police departments across the world are now in the process of updating their equipment to the new, low power battery operated hand held digital radar guns.
All of these types of radar guns are instant on, meaning that they do NOT transmit any radar signal until the officer has a target vehicle in sight and presses the trigger.
Because of this when you select your radar detector, an important consideration is its ability to detect instant on miles away.
Then another problem, the anti-collision sensors that are being installed in most new cars today.
These sensors operate on the same K-Band frequency that police use and because of this most radar detectors constantly false alert.
Because of this Escort continues to refine their digital signal processing (DSP) algorithm for accurate detection and filtering.
This enables the Escort Max 3 to sniff out and alert to these low power radar guns at over 8 times their capture distance, while also having the ability to block out many of those annoying false alerts.
The Escort Max 3 is GPS equipped and includes Escort’s Defender database, which enables it to:
- Alert you as you approach fixed photo enforcement cameras
- Alert you as you approach known speed trap locations
- Filter out know false alert locations based upon the exact frequency and location
- Automatically adjust the sensitivity, based upon your speed
- Ability to add your own hot spot locations with the press of a button
Escort Defender Database
Your Escort Max 3 is preloaded with Escort’s Defender Database, which is the most accurate photo enforcement database for North America.
This enables your Escort Max 3 to alert you in advanced of fixed photo enforcement cameras and known speed trap locations as you approach.
And updating the data on your detector online is a snap through the Escort Tools program available for both PC’s and Apple commuters.
Your purchase includes a free, 3-month subscription for Defender database updates and is only $19.95 a year or $39.95 for three years if you decide to renew your subscription.
Escort Live Equipped
The biggest break through this decade in the speed counter measurement community is the ability for your radar detector to share historical and real time data with accuracy, with other radar detectors in the cloud.
The Escort Max 3 has an internal Bluetooth chip set, which enables it to connect to the Escort Live community through your iPhone and/or Android smartphone.
This enables your Max 3 to:
- Alert you of real time police spotted alerts
- Alert you of real time radar and laser speed traps in your area
- Alert you of historical speed trap locations including aircraft enforcement locations
- Alert you of fixed photo enforcement camera locations
- Enables you to program the advanced features of your detector through your smart phone
Your Max 3 includes a free, 1-year subscription valued at $49 when purchased through our website.
High Definition OLED Display
The Escort Max 3 has a programmable easy to read multicolored OLED display, which includes intuitive icons, to make it easy to identify threats.
Additional display features include:
- Cruise Alert – warning you when you’re exceeding the posted speed limit
- Bar Graph – identifying the signal strength of the threat
- Expert Meter – identifies up to 8 multiple alerts with signal strength at once
- SpecDisplay – identifies the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal
- 5 levels of brightness including full dark mode
Clear Audible Voice Alerts English/Spanish
The Max 3 has easy to understand voice alerts, which warns you in either English or Spanish of approaching threats, enabling you to keep your eyes on the road and not on your detector.
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your Max 3 either by pressing the buttons on your detector, or though your smartphone enabling you to:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX
- Language – Spanish/English
- Color of OLED display
- GPS speed display
- Cruise alert speed settings
- Overspeed setting
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Automute – On/Off
- AutoLearn – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
- GPS – On/Off
- Auto Power Settings
- Radar/Laser Bands
- Mark and/or clear locations
Your Max 3 comes shipped with everything you need including:
- Quick Release Magnetic Mount Sticky Cup
- 12 volt smart cord
- Travel Case
- Getting Started Guide instruction booklet
You can also accessorize your Max 3 with these additional accessories
- Basic Direct wire
- SmartCord direct wire
- Dash Mount
- BlendMount mirror mount
Warranty & Support
Your Max 3 comes with Escort’s 1-year warranty and our 30-day no risk money back guarantee.
Also, because we have been an authorized Escort dealer since 1995, you’re pre-approved to purchase Escort’s extended 24 month extend warranty for only $29.95.
Motorcycle Use and Accessories
When accessorized with the proper motorcycle mount, external warning device, and weather protection the Passport Max2 becomes the best radar detector for your motorcycle.
Motorcycle Mounting Systems: RadarBusters offers a variety of motorcycle radar detector and cell phone mounts by Techmount, which will fit virtually any motorcycle.
External Warning Devices: The Max 3 does have an external earphone jack, which you can plug into your motorcycle sound system. However, we would recommend the Legal Speeding HARD system, which is a wireless heads up display.
Also, because the Max 3 has an internal Bluetooth, you can also mount your cell phone to your motorcycle and receive Escort Live alerts while riding. (Note: The Max 3’s Bluetooth will not interface with your motorcycle’s sound system nor any external Bluetooth headset, as it was not designed for this purpose. However, you will be able to get alerts through your cellphone when paired with an external device)
Weather Protection: There are several websites that sell “motorcycle radar detector boxes,” but we don’t recommend them. Instead, go to your local CVS and buy a child’s size shower cap. It’s cheaper and will protect your detector just as well.
Why Buy from Radar Busters?
Authorized Escort Dealer: RadarBusters has been an authorized dealer for Escort since 1995, so you can be assured that you detector is covered under Escort’s warranty program and pre-approved for Escort’s 24 month extended warranty program.
Real Reviews: Unlike the other radar detector review websites out there, Radar Roy is a retired cop and certified traffic radar instructor with over 40 years of experience and has his own arsenal of police radar and laser guns. Luxury Automotive was so impressed with Roy’s high standards and qualifications that they dubbed him the “General Schwarzkopf of radar detectors”.
No Sales Tax: You will not be charged sales tax as long as your order is shipped outside of Arizona.
The Max 3 is a solid investment you can make to help you avoid expensive speeding tickets, and it will enable you to become a more aware and safe driver.
When ordered through RadarBusters your Max 3 will arrive at your doorstep with everything you need along with personal 1-on-1 support from RadarBusters who is just a phone call or an email away.