1. First and foremost, when you're considering radar detectors and accessories, get familiar with the laws in your state. You don't want speeding tickets, but you don't want to set yourself up for bigger trouble, either.
2. Motorcycle radar detectors usually feature an earpiece and are completely cordless. Others will make a sound in the helmet to alert you of a radar spot. Quality is available in both types, it is mainly a question of comfort.
3. Because motorcycle radar detectors are wireless devices, the average price is a bit higher than seen in the standard variety. And because use on a motorcycle is more strenuous, they also require a level of durability and water resistance than those used in your car.
4. For those with an aversion to earpieces or particularly noisy motorcycles, we offer helmet-assisted radar detection, which alerts you via a red light attached to your helmet.
6. You'll want to buy a special radar detector mount for your motorcycle. These and other motorcycle radar detector accessories can easily be found here, as well as advice on which mounts work best for your bike.
7. Because these devices are wireless, you'll need to replace the batteries periodically. Make it a habit to check your batteries monthly, otherwise all your preparations could be for naught.
8. As with automobiles, there are plenty of supplementary tactics that will help prevent speeding tickets on your motorcycle. Accessories such as anti laser stealth coating and laser jammers will keep you on the road and off the radar.
9. Choosing a motorcycle radar detector involves a few special considerations, but the main concerns are the same as for cars. Namely, focus on your price range, the band detection, range of detection and whether it has jamming abilities.
"I received my radar 9500i and this is my first radar detector and I just fell in love with it. I love the features especially the speed alert. I always wanted a radar detector especially when I drive to Vegas and Phoenix. My friend just bought one like 3 days ago also the 9500i. I just wanted to say thank you for your great product and helpful videos and I will be a returning customer."
-Jerry, Dallas, TX