Escort iXc Review
The Escort iXc is a worthy successor to their discontinued Escort iX providing significantly more range, improved filtering, WIFI, with a sleek functional design.
Escort iXc Review Summary
The main benefits of the Escort iXc radar detector are:
- New M4+ platform give you 3-4dB increase in sensitivity over the Escort iX (up to 70% increase in alerting range)
- WIFI support to allow direct connection to the Internet for super quick firmware and defender updates
- Ka band segmentation for improved detection performance with less falsing on Ka-band
- K band segmentation for improved filtering of K-band falses
- Improved IVT "in-vehicle-technology" radar-based collision avoidance sensor rejection
- Improved responsiveness to short duration I/O police radar.
- Improved GPS receiver for quicker and more reliable signal acquisition.
definition multi-color OLED display.
- Improved metering display modes.
- Variable sensitivity based upon vehicle speed, for less falsing at slower speeds around town or in traffic.
- GPS equipped with the best in class Defender database – Fixed photo enforcement database, speed traps
database, false alert filtering, false alert filtering, auto sensitivity.
- Built-in bluetooth for compatibility with Escort Live!
- Includes Escort's USB Smart Cord power adapter for powering your smartphone
- Clear digital voice alerts in English and Spanish.
- Exceptional build quality
- Exceptional reliability
Even Longer Range Radar Detection
The Escort iXc has significantly greater sensitivity than the discontinued Escort iX because it is base upon Escort's new M4+ platform.
Better I/O Performance
The Escort IXc offers improved detection responsiveness, meaning that you have better chances at detection instant-on police radar. The Escort iXc also allows for both K-band Ka-band segmentation for potentially even improved detection performance to lethal Ka-band radar and reduced falsing to K-band.
Collision Avoidance Sensor False Alert Filtering
The Escort iXc is very capable of intelligently separating real threats from a false threats, including with some tough to filter vehicles, using an improved IVT filter, making the detector much more quiet on busy highways.
The Escort iXc also has GPS, which enables it to:
- Alert you to fixed photo enforcement cameras as you approach
- Alert you to known speed trap location as you approach
- Alert you to known aircraft enforcement zones
- Automatically block out known false alert locations based upon the exact location and frequency
- Automatically adjust the sensitivity of the detector based upon your speed
- Enable you to mark your own speed trap locations and points of interest
Comes pre-loaded with Escort’s Defender Database, which is
the most accurate photo enforcement database for North America, including new MultraRadar speed cameras.
enables your Escort to alert you in advanced of fixed photo
enforcement cameras and known speed trap locations as you approach.
Escort's patented AutoLearn Technology enables your detector to block
out known false alert locations by the exact frequency and location.
updating the data on your detector online is a snap through the Escort
Tools program available for both PC’s and Apple computers.
Escort Live! Equipped
The biggest breakthrough this decade in the speed counter
measurement community is the ability to share
historical and accurate real time data with other Escort drivers in the cloud.
The iXc has an improved internal Bluetooth chip
set, which enables it to connect to the Escort Live! community through
your iPhone and/or Android smartphone very easily.
This enables your iXc to:
- Alert you of real time police spotted alerts
- Alert you of real time radar and laser speed traps in your area
- Alert you of historical speed trap locations including aircraft enforcement locations
- Alert you of fixed photo enforcement camera locations
- Enables you to program the advanced features of your detector through your smart phone
Your iXc will include a free, 1-year subscription valued at $49 when purchased through our website.
High Definition Multi-Colored OLED Display
The iXc has a programmable easy to read multicolored OLED display, which includes intuitive icons, to make it easy to identify threats.
Additional display features include:
- 4 different display color settings: Blue, Red, Green and Amber
- Cruise Alert – warning you when you’re exceeding the posted speed limit
- Bar Graph – identifying the signal strength of the threat
- Expert Meter – identifies up to 8 multiple alerts with signal strength at once
- SpecDisplay – identifies the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal
- 5 levels of brightness including full dark mode
Clear Audible Voice Alerts English/Spanish
The iXc has easy to understand voice alerts, which warns
you in either English or Spanish of approaching threats, enabling you
to keep your eyes on the road and not on your detector.
Online Firmware and Database Updates
Updating your iXc's firmware and Defender database is a snap directly through its WIFI connectivity to your WIFI hotspot
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your iXc either by pressing the buttons on your detector, or though your
smartphone enabling you to adjust/program the:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX, AutoLoK
- Language – Spanish/English
- Color of OLED display
- GPS speed display
- Cruise alert speed settings
- Overspeed setting
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Automute – On/Off
- AutoLearn – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
- GPS – On/Off
- Auto Power Settings
- Radar/Laser Bands
- Ka-band segmentation and RDR On/Off
- Mark and/or Clear locations
Your iXc comes shipped with everything you need including:
- Quick Attach/Detach Mount
- 12 volt USB Smart Cord
- Travel Case
- Getting Started Guide instruction booklet
You can also accessorize your iXc with these additional accessories
- Basic Direct wire
- SmartCord direct wire
- Dash Mount
- BlendMount mirror mount
Warranty & Support
Your iXc comes with Escort’s 1-year warranty with our exclusive 60-day return policy.
because we have been an authorized Escort dealer since 1995, you’re
pre-approved to purchase Escort’s extended 24 month extend warranty for
What is included with the IXc?
The iXc comes complete with a soft-sided travel case, NEW quick-release magnet "Sticky Cup" windshield mount feature, 12-volt USB SmartCord® and quick reference guide. If you would like a more permanent installation for your iXc, check out the DirectWire SmartCord® or the more basic DirectWire kit for hardwired installations.
What color is the iXc?
The iX is low reflective grey/dark silver so it's not bright, distracting, or reflective on your windshield.
Does iXc detect better than the discontinued iX?
Yes. Detection range is signficantly better on all bands along with much better false alert filtering.
What is the new AutoLoK sensitivity setting?
The new AutoLoK (Auto Low K) sensitivity setting is the same as Auto except that K band sensitivity is lowered significantly when in this setting. This is to give users another option to help reduce K band false alerts in areas where extreme K band detection is a lower priority like when driving in states such as New Jersey.
What is this new EZ Mag Mount that is included with the iXc?
In a word, awesome! No release buttons and absolutely no detector wobbling, rattling, etc. It holds the detector very solidly to the windshield.
EZ Mag Mount uses a magnetics and clever leveraging to very simply attach and detach the detector from the mount. Simply lift the front of the iXc up and it falls off in your hand.
Mounting it is the reverse, simply getting the iXc near the mount with the front end of it raised and the mount just sucks the iXc into it.
The EZ Mag Mount uses the same StickyCup that we have been successfully using for years for a rock solid attachment to your windshield.
Does the iXc have band segmenting and an RDR toggle?
Yes. For our advanced detector users, the iX has 10 Ka-band segments, four K-band segments, and the ability to disable RDR (Radar Detection Rejection) for even quicker performance.
X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz
K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz
Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz
Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
Radar Receiver / Detector Type
Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO
Scanning Frequency Discriminator
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Quantum Limited Video Receiver
Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
Signal Strength Meter
5 Levels of Brightness Control
Auto Calibration Circuitry
Mute, AutoMute and SmartMute
12VDC, Negative Ground
Escort USB SmartCord® Included
Highway, Auto, Auto NoX, Auto Lo K
1.25" H x 2.875" W x 5.125" L