Escort iX Review
The Escort iX is a worthy successor to Escort's best selling Passport 9500ix providing more power, better filtering, more features, with a sleek functional design.
Escort iX Review Summary
The main benefits of the Escort iX radar detector are:
- Programmed with Escort’s new updatable IVT "in-vehicle-technology" radar-based collision avoidance sensor rejection
digital signal processing algorithm (DSP), enabling it to block most
false alerts caused by blind spot monitors and adaptive cruise control systems.
- Improved radar and laser detection performance.
- Improved responsiveness to short duration I/O police radar.
- For the advanced user - Ka-band segmentation.
- Improved GPS receiver for quicker and more reliable signal acquisition.
definition multi-color OLED display.
- Improved metering display modes.
- Variable sensitivity based upon vehicle speed, for less falsing at slower speeds around town or in traffic.
- GPS equipped with the best in class DEFENDER database – Fixed photo enforcement database, speed traps
database, false alert filtering, false alert filtering, auto sensitivity.
- Built-in Smart Bluetooth for compatibility with Escort Live!
- Includes Escort's USB Smart Cord power adapter for powering your smartphone
- Online firmware and database updates.
- Clear digital voice alerts in English and Spanish.
- Display can be hard to read in the daylight sun
- The Escort iX is a worthy successor to the Escort Passport 9500ix and should prove at least as popular
Longer Range Radar Detection
The Escort iX in an improved version of Escort’s venerable M4 antenna design, which places the Passport in the Long Range Category, having 6 times the capture distance of a police radar gun.
The Escort iX is Escort's first detector to include their advanced IVT filters to separate false alerts caused by the
anti-collision sensors from real police radar threats.
benefits of the Escort iX is that it is GPS and Bluetooth enabled and Escort
Live ready, which enables the Escort iX to warn you in advance of fix photo
enforcement cameras, known speed trap locations, live radar alerts and
police spotted alerts.
Better I/O Performance
The Escort IX offers improved detection responsiveness over the outgoing Passport 9500ix, meaning that you have better chances at detection instant-on police radar. The Escort iX also allows for Ka-band segmentation for potentially even improved detection performance to lethal Ka-band radar.
Collision Avoidance Sensor False Alert Filtering
The biggest challenge facing all radar detector manufactures has
been developing a computer algorithm which is effective in filtering out
false alerts caused by the anti-collision sensors installed in new cars
today, here is why.
Many of these sensors operate on the same
K-band frequency police use, so as you’re driving, your detector is
constantly alerting to all the new cars in close proximity.
of this the engineers at Escort have invested over 4-years of their know how to refine their digital signal processing
algorithm, making the Escort iX intelligent enough to block out
these types of false alerts, here is how.
The Escort iX is very capable of intelligently separating real threats from a false threats using their new
IVT filtering technology, so you will not be constantly pestered by
annoying false alerts.
The Escort iX also has GPS, which enables it to:
- Alert you to fixed photo enforcement cameras as you approach
- Alert you to known speed trap location as you approach
- Alert you to known aircraft enforcement zones
- Automatically block out known false alert locations based upon the exact location and frequency
- Automatically adjust the sensitivity of the detector based upon your speed
- Enable you to mark your own speed trap locations and points of interest
- Provide variable speed sensitivity to radar
The Escort iX comes pre-loaded with Escort’s Defender Database, which is
the most accurate photo enforcement database for North America.
enables your Escort to alert you in advanced of fixed photo
enforcement cameras and known speed trap locations as you approach.
Escort's patented AutoLearn Technology enables your detector to block
out known false alert locations by the exact frequency and location.
updating the data on your detector online is a snap through the Escort
Tools program available for both PC’s and Apple computers.
Escort Live! Equipped
The biggest breakthrough this decade in the speed counter
measurement community is the ability for your Escort iX to share
historical and accurate real time data with other Escort drivers in the cloud.
The iX has an improved internal Bluetooth chip
set, which enables it to connect to the Escort Live community through
your iPhone and/or Android smartphone very easily.
This enables your iX to:
- Alert you of real time police spotted alerts
- Alert you of real time radar and laser speed traps in your area
- Alert you of historical speed trap locations including aircraft enforcement locations
- Alert you of fixed photo enforcement camera locations
- Enables you to program the advanced features of your detector through your smart phone
Your iX will include a free, 1-year subscription valued at $49 when purchased through our website.
High Definition Multi-Colored OLED Display
The iX has a programmable easy to read multicolored OLED display, which includes intuitive icons, to make it easy to identify threats.
Additional display features include:
- 4 different display color settings: Blue, Red, Green and Amber
- Cruise Alert – warning you when you’re exceeding the posted speed limit
- Bar Graph – identifying the signal strength of the threat
- Expert Meter – identifies up to 8 multiple alerts with signal strength at once
- SpecDisplay – identifies the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal
- 5 levels of brightness including full dark mode
Clear Audible Voice Alerts English/Spanish
The iX has easy to understand voice alerts, which warns
you in either English or Spanish of approaching threats, enabling you
to keep your eyes on the road and not on your detector.
Online Firmware and Database Updates
Updating your iX’s firmware and Defender database is a snap.
download the Escort Tools program to your PC or your Mac, connect your iX to your computer using a USB cable and download the updates
directly to your detector.
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your iX either by pressing the buttons on your detector, or though your
smartphone enabling you to adjust/program the:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX, AutoLoK
- Language – Spanish/English
- Color of OLED display
- GPS speed display
- Cruise alert speed settings
- Overspeed setting
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Automute – On/Off
- AutoLearn – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
- GPS – On/Off
- Auto Power Settings
- Radar/Laser Bands
- Ka-band segmentation and RDR On/Off
- Mark and/or Clear locations
Your iX comes shipped with everything you need including:
- Quick Attach/Detach Mount
- 12 volt USB Smart Cord
- Travel Case
- Getting Started Guide instruction booklet
You can also accessorize your iX with these additional accessories
- Basic Direct wire
- SmartCord direct wire
- Dash Mount
- BlendMount mirror mount
Warranty & Support
Your iX comes with Escort’s 1-year warranty and our 30-day no risk money back guarantee.
because we have been an authorized Escort dealer since 1995, you’re
pre-approved to purchase Escort’s extended 24 month extend warranty for
Motorcycle Use and Accessories
When accessorized with the proper motorcycle mount, external warning
device, and weather protection the iX becomes one of the best for your motorcycle.
Motorcycle Mounting Systems:
RadarBusters offers a variety of motorcycle and cell
phone mounts by Techmount, which will fit virtually any motorcycle.
Warning Devices: The iX does have an external earphone jack, which
you can plug into your motorcycle sound system. However, we would
recommend the Legal Speeding HARD system, which is a wireless heads up
Also, because the iX has an internal Bluetooth, you
can also mount your cell phone to your motorcycle and receive Escort
Live! alerts while riding. (Note: The iX’s Bluetooth will not
interface with your motorcycle’s sound system nor any external Bluetooth
headset, as it was not designed for this purpose. However, you will be
able to get alerts through your cellphone when paired with an external
Weather Protection: There are several websites that sell
“motorcycle detector boxes,” but we don’t recommend them. Instead,
go to your local CVS and buy a child’s size shower cap. It’s cheaper
and will protect your detector just as well.