ESCORT MAXCam 360C REVIEW
The new ESCORT MaxCam 360c is the Escort's integrated dashcam and radar and laser detector designed for the connected car. With built-in Wi-Fi, the MAXCam 360c updates through the on-board Wi-Fi connection, alerting the driver to the latest ticket threats in real-time.
The Escort MAXCam 360c radar detector provides full 360 degree protection with colored directional arrows along with the advanced ability to filter out most of the false alerts caused by the anti-collision sensors installed on new cars today
The Escort MAXCam 360c is also a GPS enabled radar detector and rated as being both a city and highway detector like most GPS based radar detectors. We believe the MAXCam 360c is the overall best radar detector ever made as it provides extreme performance, superior filtering, and Escort's exceptional build-quality.
- Extreme detection performance,
- QHD (2560 x 1440p) @ 30 FPS resolution
- Includes 16GB memory card
- All-digital signal processing (DSP) for extreme long range radar detection performance
- Exceptional at detecting instant-on police radar
- Best anti-collision sensor rejection filtering in the industry
- Escort Live! ready
- GPS enabled
- Builtin Bluetooth for wireless pairing to your smartphone
- WIFI capable to directly communicate to the Internet
- Bi-Lingual Voice Alerts - English & Spanish
- Firmware and Photo Enforcement database are both user upgradeable
- Escort's first dashcam and radar detector
- Higher radar performance than the Escort Max 360c plus the following
- Direct WIFI connectivity to Escort Live! and software updates
- Escort's advanced magnetic mount found on the Escort iX and Escort Redline EX
- K-band segmentation
- Ka-band segmentation
- New improved brighter OLED display
Longest Range Radar Detection
The Escort MAXCam 360c has significantly greater sensitivity than just about any other detector.
Better I/O Performance
The Escort MAXCam 360c offers the quickest detections due to its advanced DSP spread-spectrum processing responsiveness, meaning that you'll have the best chances at detecting instant-on police radar.
Collision Avoidance Sensor False Alert Filtering
The Escort MAXCam 360c offers the best-in-class filtering of K-band collision avoidance systems found in vehicles, ensuring that you have the quietest ride possible today.
The Escort MAXCam 360c also has GPS, which enables it to:
- Alert you to fixed photo enforcement cameras as you approach
- Alert you to known speed trap location as you approach
- Alert you to known aircraft enforcement zones
- Automatically block out known false alert locations based upon the exact location and frequency
- Automatically adjust the sensitivity of the detector based upon your speed
- Enable you to mark your own speed trap locations and points of interest
Comes pre-loaded with Escort’s Defender Database, which is the most accurate photo enforcement database for North America, including new MultraRadar speed cameras.
This enables your Escort to alert you in advanced of fixed photo enforcement cameras and known speed trap locations as you approach.
And Escort's patented AutoLearn Technology enables your detector to block out known false alert locations by the exact frequency and location.
And updating the data on your detector online is a snap through the Escort Tools program available for both PC’s and Apple computers.
Escort Live! Equipped
The biggest breakthrough this decade in the speed counter measurement community is the ability to share historical and accurate real time data with other Escort drivers in the cloud.
The MAXCam 360c has an improved internal Bluetooth chip set, which enables it to connect to the Escort Live! community through your iPhone and/or Android smartphone very easily. The MAXCam 360c can also use its native WIFI ability to directly connect to the cloud via your in-vehicle hotspot (for those such equipped), bypassing the need for using bluetooth.
This enables your MAXCam 360c to:
- Alert you of real time police spotted alerts
- Alert you of real time radar and laser speed traps in your area
- Alert you of historical speed trap locations including aircraft enforcement locations
- Alert you of fixed photo enforcement camera locations
- Enables you to program the advanced features of your detector through your smart phone
Your MAXCam 360c will include a free, 1-year subscription valued at $49 when purchased through our website.
High Definition Multi-Colored OLED Display
The MAXCam 360c has a programmable easy to read multicolored OLED display, which includes intuitive icons, to make it easy to identify threats.
Additional display features include:
- 4 different display color settings: Blue, Red, Green and Amber
- Cruise Alert – warning you when you’re exceeding the posted speed limit
- Bar Graph – identifying the signal strength of the threat
- Expert Meter – identifies up to 8 multiple alerts with signal strength at once
- Spec Display – identifies the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal
- 5 levels of brightness including full dark mode
Clear Audible Voice Alerts English/Spanish
The MAXCam 360c has easy to understand voice alerts, which warns you in either English or Spanish of approaching threats, enabling you to keep your eyes on the road and not on your detector.
Online Firmware and Database Updates
Updating your MAXCam 360c's firmware and Defender database is a snap directly through its WIFI connectivity to your WIFI hotspot
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your MAXCam either by pressing the buttons on your detector, or though your smartphone enabling you to adjust/program the:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX, AutoLoK
- Language – Spanish/English
- Color of OLED display
- GPS speed display
- Cruise alert speed settings
- Overspeed setting
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Automute – On/Off
- AutoLearn – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
- GPS – On/Off
- Auto Power Settings
- Radar/Laser Bands
- Ka-band segmentation and RDR On/Off
- Mark and/or Clear locations
Your MAXCam comes shipped with everything you need including:
- Quick Attach/Detach Mount
- 12 volt USB Smart Cord
- Travel Case
- Getting Started Guide instruction booklet
You can also accessorize your detector with these additional accessories
- Basic Direct wire
- SmartCord direct wire
- Dash Mount
- BlendMount mirror mount
Have any questions concerning your Escort purchase?
Please email our support team 24/7 and we will promptly get back to you or call us during normal business hours to speak directly to one our countermeasure experts.
Why Buy from RadarBusters?
Expertise: RadarBusters is one of the longest operating and most experienced countermeasure-dedicated companies in the industry. We are not a big box electronics store that offers everything under the sun. You will find no other company that offers the same level of pre- and post-sales expertise, than us.
Authorized Escort Dealer: RadarBusters is an authorized dealer for Escort so you can be assured that your detector is covered under Escort's full warranty.
Real Reviews: Unlike the other review websites out there, RadarBusters was founded by Radar Roy, a retired cop and certified traffic radar instructor with over 40 years of experience. Luxury Automotive was so impressed with our high standards and qualifications that they dubbed us the “General Schwarzkopf of radar detectors”.
No Sales Tax: You will not be charged sales tax as long as your order is shipped outside of Arizona.
We Have Answers: Have a question or concern? Please call or email us and we will be happy to assist you. If you think you are having an issue with your product in most cases we should be able to help you resolve it over the phone.
What is included with the MAXCam 360c?
The MAXCam 360c comes complete with a soft-sided travel case, NEW magnet "Sticky Cup" windshield mount feature, NEW 12-volt SmartCord® USB, 16BG memory card to store videos, and a quick reference guide. If you would like a more permanent installation for your Max 360c, check out the DirectWire SmartCord® or the more basic DirectWire kit for hardwired installations.
What if I don'f have WIFI?
The MAXCam 360c can still pair with your smartphone using Bluetooth.
Can special athermic windshield adversely impact detection performance?
"Athermic" windshields have a metallic coating which will severely impact a radar detector's performance. Most have small areas to mount detectors and GPS nav units. GPS signals will also be blocked by this coating.
What is the Defender Database?
Defender is a database of North American red light and fixed speed camera locations that can be updated weekly.
What is the USB Port Used For?
The MAXCam 360c is web ready and the USB port can connect to a PC for software downloads and Defender Database updates.
What is variable speed sensitivity?
The MAXCam 360c is able to increase sensitivity as your traveling speed increases so when you are driving at slower speeds the likelihood of falsing will drop as you do not need fully sensitivity.
Can the MAXCam be used outside of North America?
Escort does not monitor what frequencies are used overseas, but many customers travel abroad with their Escort
What is Expert Mode?
Expert Mode will show you up to 8 radar signals at the same time and will show relative signal strength and associated Band of each signal.
What is the Warranty Period?
Escort's products ordered from RadarBusters come with a full one-year factory warranty. Extended Service Plans are available on select models that will provide two additional years of warranty for $29.95.
I already have GPS in my car. Why do I need it in my MAXCam 360c?
The GPS feature is not used for navigation. The MAXCam 360c allows you to mark locations of interest, Block false radar and laser alerts, tracks vehicle speed in real-time, and allows sensitivity based on the vehicle speed.
What is the memory capacity of the 360 and can it run out of space?
The 360c has more than enough memory to hold all your locations as well as the camera locations used in the US.
X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz
K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz
Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz
Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
Radar Receiver / Detector Type
Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Quantum Limited Video Receiver
Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
Graphic Multi-Colored OLED
5 Levels of Brightness with Full Dark Mode
QHD (2560 x 1440p) @ 30 FPS
Speed Display (On/Off)
Auto Learn (On/Off)
Auto Mute (On/Off)
Auto Power (On/Off)
Radar/Laser Bands (Selectable)
Auto Calibration Circuitry
Mute, AutoMute and SmartMute
12VDC, Negative Ground
Escort USB SmartCord® Included
Highway, Auto, Auto NoX
1.36" H x 3.6" W x 5.430" L