Escort Redline Radar Detector Review
Escort Redline Review Summary
What are the main benefits of choosing the Escort Redline Radar Detector?
Escort Redline Pros:
- The Escort Redline has extreme detection range - greater than 8-times the range of a police radar gun
- Escort's Dual front facing antenna design maximizes sensitivity to all police bands
- This Escort is to all radar detector detectors (RDDs) including the Spectre III/IV
- Ability to segment the Ka-band spectrum enabling the Escort Redline faster scanning and longer range.
- Can filter out some of the false alerts caused by the anti-collision sensors installed in new cars today
- Easy to read LED display
- Clear digital voice alerts
Escort Redline Cons:
- The Escort Redline is not as effective as the Escort Max 360, the Escort iX, or the new Escort Redline EX at filtering out K-band CAS systems
Escort Redline Review Conclusion:
- The Escort Redline is one of the best radar detectors available for highway and rural driving
Advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Algorithm
When investing in a radar detector such as the Escort Redline two of your biggest concerns are the Escort Redline’s ability to sniff out real police radar and police laser threats and its ability to filter out false alerts, here is why.
Police departments across the world are now in the process of updating their equipment to the new, low power battery operated hand held digital radar guns.
All of these types of radar guns are instant on, meaning that they do NOT transmit any radar signal until the officer has a target vehicle in sight and presses the trigger.
Because of this when you select your detector, an important consideration is its ability to detect instant on miles away.
Then another problem, the anti-collision sensors that are being installed in most new cars today.
These sensors operate on the same K-Band frequency that police use and because of this, most detectors will constantly false alert when near them.
Because of this Escort developed TSR filtering algorithm for the Escort Redline.
This enables the Escort Redline to sniff out and alert to these low power radar guns at over 8 times their capture distance, while also having the ability to block out some of those annoying false alerts.
Stealth to all Radar Detector Detectors
The Escort Redline is stealth to all radar detector detectors (or RDDs) including the Spectre, making the Escort Redline the only windshield-mount detector of choice if you live and/or drive in Virginia or if you’re a professional driver.
Escort Live! Ready
The biggest breakthrough this decade in the speed counter measurement community is the ability for your Escort Redline to share historical and real time data with accuracy, with other Escort owners in the cloud.
By interfacing the Escort Redline with the optional Bluetooth power cord will enable you to connect to the Escort Live! community through your iPhone and/or Android smartphone.
This enables your Escort Redline to:
- Alert you of real time police spotted alerts
- Alert you of real time radar and laser speed traps in your area
- Alert you of historical speed trap locations including aircraft enforcement locations
- Alert you of fixed photo enforcement camera locations
- Enables you to program the advanced features of your Escort Redline through your smart phone
Easy to Read LED Display
The Escort Redline has an easy to read, bright red LED display.
Additional features of the Escort Redline include:
- Bar Graph – identifying the signal strength of the threat
- SpecDisplay – identifies the actual numeric frequency of the police radar signal
- 5 levels of brightness including full dark mode
Clear Audible Voice Alerts
The Escort Redline has easy to understand voice alerts, which warns you of approaching threats, enabling you to keep your eyes on the road and not on your Escort Redline.
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your Escort Redline by pressing the buttons on your Escort Redline, enabling you to:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX
- Ka band segmentation
- RDR On/Off
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Automute – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
Your Escort Redline comes shipped to your door with everything you need including:
- NEW - Sticky Cup windshield mount
- 12-volt power cable
- Carrying case
Motorcycle Use and Accessories
When accessorized with the proper motorcycle mount, external warning
device, and weather protection, your Redline becomes one of the best choices you can make for your motorcycle.
External Warning Devices:
The Redline does have an external earphone jack, which you can plug into
your motorcycle sound system. However, we would recommend the Legal
Speeding HARD system, which is a wireless heads up display.
Protection: There are several websites that sell “motorcycle detector boxes,” but we don’t recommend them. Instead, go to your local
CVS and buy a child’s size shower cap. It’s cheaper and will protect
your Escort just as well.
Why Buy from RadarBusters?
Authorized Escort Dealer:
RadarBusters has been an authorized dealer for Escort since 1995, so
you can be assured that your Escort is covered under Escort’s warranty
program and pre-approved for Escort’s 24 month extended warranty
Real Radar Detector Reviews:
Unlike the other review websites out there, RadarBusters was founded by Radar Roy, a retired cop and certified traffic radar instructor with over 40 years of experience. Luxury Automotive was so impressed with Roy’s high standards and qualifications that they dubbed him the “General Schwarzkopf" of speed enforcement countermeasures.
No Sales Tax: You will not be charged sales tax as long as your order is shipped outside of Arizona.
No Risk 30-Day money back guarantee: Don’t like your selection ? Return it no questions asked!
Low Price Guarantee: By becoming a member of RadarBusters’s VIP Club you will receive our 90-day price match guarantee, ensuring that you will get the best price anywhere!
RadarBusters Support: Have any problems or concerns with your purchase of this Escort detector? Then email our expert team 24/7 and we will get back with you typically within 12 hours or less! or call us to speak to one our countermeasure experts.
How to Transform a REDLiNE into a REDLiNE XR