Escort Redline EX Review
Escort Redline EX Review Summary
What are the main benefits of choosing the Redline EX Radar Detector?
Escort Redline EX Pros:
- The Escort Redline EX has extreme detection range - greater than 8-times the range of a police radar gun
- Redline EX dual front facing antenna design maximizes sensitivity to all police bands
- Like the previous Redline, the Redline EX is undetectable to SPECTRE radar detector detectors (RDDs)
- Ability to segment the Ka-band spectrum enabling the EX faster scanning and longer range.
- New ability to segment K-band to reduce falses
- The EX includes new ability to detect MultaRadar CD/CT (currently used abroad and in western provinces of Canada)
- Can filter out some of the false alerts caused by the anti-collision sensors installed in new cars today
- Full color OLED display
- GPS integration allows for photo enforcement and red light camera alerts
- Built-in Bluetooth to allow direct integration with Escort Live!
- New quick-detach magnetic windshield-mount
- Smartcord with USB power support
- Firmware/Database updatable
Redline EX Cons:
- The EX is on the larger side of windshield-mounted radar detectors
Redline EX Review Conclusion:
- The new EX is one of the best radar detectors available for both highway and now city driving
Advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Algorithm
When investing in a radar detector, two of your biggest concerns are the EX's ability to sniff out real police radar and police laser threats and its ability to filter out false alerts, here is why.
Police departments across the world are now in the process of updating their equipment to the new, low power battery operated hand held digital radar guns.
All of these types of radar guns are instant on, meaning that they do NOT transmit any radar signal until the officer has a target vehicle in sight and presses the trigger.
Because of this when you select your detector, an important consideration is its ability to detect instant on miles away.
Then another problem, the anti-collision sensors that are being installed in most new cars today.
These sensors operate on the same K-Band frequency that police use and because of this, most detectors will constantly false alert when near them.
Unlike the previous model, the Escort Redline, the Redline now incorporates a dedicated filtering system called IVT which will do a much better job at filtering out K-band collision avoidance systems than the TSR filter option of the Redline.
Completely Stealth to all Radar Detector Detectors
The Redline is stealth to all radar detector detectors (or RDDs) including the Spectre, making the Redline the only windshield-mount detector of choice if you live and/or drive in Virginia or if you’re a professional driver.
Native Escort Live! Support
The biggest breakthrough this decade in the speed counter measurement community is the ability for your Redline to share historical and real time data with accuracy, with other Escort owners in the cloud.
The built-in bluetooth chipset now allows for seamless integration with Escort Live! through your iPhone and/or Android smartphone.
This enables your EX to:
- Alert you of real time police spotted alerts
- Alert you of real time radar and laser speed traps in your area
- Alert you of historical speed trap locations including aircraft enforcement locations
- Alert you of fixed photo enforcement camera locations
- Enables you to program the advanced features of your EX through your smart phone
Easy to Read OLED Display
The Redline has an easy to read, full color OLED display.
Clear Audible Voice Alerts
The Redline is easy to understand voice alerts, which warns you of approaching threats, enabling you to keep your eyes on the road and not on your detector.
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your Redline by pressing the buttons on your Redline, enabling you to:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX, AutoLoK
- Ka band segmentation
- K band segmentation
- RDR On/Off
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Display color
- Automute – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
- User Mode: Advanced / Novice
- Pilot: Scanning Bar / Full Word
- Display Color: Blue/Green/Red/Amber
- Speed Display: On / Off
- Cruise Alert: 20 – 160 mph
- Over Speed: 20 – 160 mph
- Meter Mode: Standard/Spec/Expert/Simple
- Tones: Standard / Mild
- AutoMute: Low / Med / High / Off
- AutoLearn: On / Off
- Alert Lamp: On / Band / Off
- Units: English / Metric
- Language: English / Spanish
- Voice: On / Off
- GPS: On / Off
- Auto Power: Off / 1-8 Hours
- Bands: Selectable including Strelka/Multaradar/Gatso
- Markers: Selectable
- Clear Locations
Have any questions concerning your Escort purchase?
Please email our support team 24/7 and we will promptly get back to you or call us during normal business hours to speak directly to one our countermeasure experts.
Why Buy from RadarBusters?
Expertise: RadarBusters is one of the longest operating and most experienced countermeasure-dedicated companies in the industry. We are not a big box electronics store that offers everything under the sun. You will find no other company that offers the same level of pre- and post-sales expertise, than us.
Authorized Escort Dealer: RadarBusters is an authorized dealer for Escort so you can be assured that you detector is covered under Escort's full warranty.
Real Reviews: Unlike the other review websites out there, RadarBusters was founded by Radar Roy, a retired cop and certified traffic radar instructor with over 40 years of experience. Luxury Automotive was so impressed with our high standards and qualifications that they dubbed us the “General Schwarzkopf of radar detectors”.
No Sales Tax: You will not be charged sales tax as long as your order is shipped outside of Arizona.
We Have Answers: Have a question or concern? Please call or email us and we will be happy to assist you. If you think you are having an issue with your product in most cases we should be able to help you resolve it over the phone.