Escort Redline XR Review
How can RadarBusters save you more than $100 on your Escort Redline XR?
Escort Redline XR is simply a stock Escort Redline that is programmed by another retail site for an whopping extra $100 and promotes as the best radar detector on the market today.
Well we don't agree with this deceptive marketing practice to extract more money from the unsuspecting consumer and here is why.
First, "custom programming" the Escort Redline does only takes 30 seconds to do and rather than charging people for this simple modification we'll show how to do in our video below.
Second, we don't agree that the Escort Redline is the absolute best overall windshield mount radar detector on the market as we feel that the Escort Max 360 holds that distinction.
Escort Redline XR Summary
The main benefits of choosing the Escort Redline XR are:
- Extreme detection range - greater than 8-times the range of a police radar gun
- Dual front facing antenna design maximizes sensitivity to all police bands
- Stealth to all radar detector detectors (RDDs) including the Spectre III/IV
- Ability to segment the Ka-band spectrum enabling faster scanning and longer range.
- Can filter out some of the false alerts caused by the anti-collision sensors installed in new cars today
- Easy to read LED display
- Clear digital voice alerts
- The Escort Redline XR is not as effective as the Escort Max 360 and the new Escort iX at filtering out K-band CAS systems
- Disabling TSR can lead to a significant increase in K-band false alerts from vehicle collision avoidance systems.
- The Escort Redline XR is one of the best available for highway and rural driving, but not the most suited for mixed highway and city driving.
What is Ka Band Segmentation?
If you look in your manual you’ll see that by default your Escort Redline is programmed to scan the entire Ka band from 34.700 to 36.0 GHz.
Now, this is a pretty large swath of real estate for the Escort Redline to scan, which slows it down and increases the possibility of false alerts.
As a result, Escort now enables you to select the frequencies you want your Escort Redline to scan through a process called band segmentation.
By enabling this feature, your Escort Redline will have increased sensitivity and fewer false alerts to Ka-band.
The best way to determine which bands you should segment is to operate in Spec Display for a few weeks noting the exact frequencies of Ka band in your area, to avoid blocking out any older police radar guns.
Common Police Ka Band Frequencies
By segmenting your Escort Redline XR you’re enabling it to focus only on the frequencies you select and the three most commonly used within the USA are:
• MPH Industries: 33.8 GHz
• Applied Concepts: 34.7 GHz
• Kustom Signals, Decatur & McCoy: 35.5 GHz
Recommended Ka Band Segmentation Settings
There are two methods you can use to segment your Escort Redline XR: the first is done manually, by going into the advanced programming menu option of your Escort Redline XR, the second, which is the fastest and easiest way, can be accomplished by interfacing to your smart phone with the Escort Live application.
Based upon the listings of the most commonly used Ka frequencies used in the US, your settings would be:
• Ka2: 33.704 to 32.896 (33.8 turned on)
• Ka5: 34.592 to 34.808 (34.7 turned on)
• Ka8: 34.378 to 35.618 (35.5 turned on)
Stealth to all RDDs
The Escort Redline XR s undetectable by all RDDs including
the Spectre, which makes the Escort Redline the model of choice if you live
and/or drive in Virginia or if you’re a professional driver.
Escort Live Ready
The biggest break through this decade in the speed counter measurement
community is the ability for your Escort Redline XR to share historical and
real time data with accuracy, with other Escort owners in the cloud.
interfacing the Escort Redline XR with the optional Bluetooth power cord will
enable you to connect to the Escort Live! community through your iPhone
and/or Android smartphone.
This enables your Escort Redline XR to:
- Alert you of real time police spotted alerts
- Alert you of real time traffic enforcement speed traps in your area
- Alert you of historical speed trap locations including aircraft enforcement locations
- Alert you of fixed photo enforcement camera locations
- Enables you to program the advanced features of your Escort Redline XR through your smart phone
Easy to Read LED Display
The Escort Redline XR has an easy to read, bright red LED display.
Additional features include:
- Bar Graph – identifying the signal strength of the threat
- SpecDisplay – identifies the actual numeric frequency of the band detected
- 5 levels of brightness including full dark mode
Clear Audible Voice Alerts
The Escort Redline XR has easy to understand voice alerts, which warns you of
approaching threats, enabling you to keep your eyes on the road and not
on your Escort Redline XR.
User Preferences Programming
You can access the advanced programming features of your Escort Redline XR by pressing the buttons on your Escort Redline XR enabling you to:
- Sensitivity – City, Highway, Auto, AutoNoX
- Ka band segmentation
- Display meter options
- Audible tones
- Automute – On/Off
- Voice – On/Off
Your Escort Redline XR comes shipped to your door with everything you need including:
- NEW - Sticky Cup Windshield mount
- 12-volt power cable
- Carrying case
You can also accessorize your Escort Redline XR with
these additional accessories
- Escort Live Power Cable
- Basic Direct wire
- SmartCord direct wire
- Dash Mount
- BlendMount mirror mount
When accessorized with
the proper motorcycle mount, external warning device, and weather
protection the Escort Redline XR becomes great
for your motorcycle.
External Warning Device:
The Escort Redline XR does have an external earphone jack, which you can plug into
your motorcycle sound system. However, we would recommend the
Legal Speeding HARD system, which is a wireless heads up display.
Weather Protection: There are several websites that sell “motorcycle detector boxes,”
but we don’t recommend them. Instead, go to your local CVS and buy a
child’s size shower cap. It’s cheaper and will protect your Escort Redline XR just
Warranty & Support
Your Escort Redline XR comes with
Escort’s 1-year warranty and our 30-day no risk money back guarantee.
Also, because we have been an authorized Escort dealer since 1995, you’re pre-approved to purchase Escort’s extended 24 month extend warranty for only $29.95.
Here on RadarBusters, We have several articles in his help
guide section to assist you in getting the most out of your Escort Redline XR such as:
How to Maximize the Use of your Detector and Defensive Driving Tips for Radar Detector Users.
You’re welcome to contact our support directly 24/7 by using the contact form on this website or calling our toll free number during normal business hours.
Why Buy from RadarBusters?
Authorized Escort Dealer:
RadarBusters has been an authorized dealer for Escort since 1995, so
you can be assured that you radar detector is covered under Escort’s warranty
program and pre-approved for Escort’s 24 month extended warranty
Unlike the other review websites out there, Our founder is
a retired cop and certified traffic enforcement instructor with over 40 years
of experience and has his own arsenal of police traffic enforcement equipment.
Luxury Automotive was so impressed with Roy’s high standards and
qualifications that they dubbed him the “General Schwarzkopf of detectors”.
No Sales Tax: You will not be charged sales tax as long as your order is shipped outside of Arizona.
No Risk 30-Day money back guarantee: Don’t like your Escort Redline XR? Return it no questions asked!
Low Price Guarantee: By becoming a member of our VIP Club you will receive his 90-day price match guarantee, ensuring that you will get the best price anywhere!
Trade Up – Not In: Considering trading your old model for a new one? DON”T until you watch this video!
Support: Have a problem or concern? Then email us 24/7 and we will PERSONALLY get back with you typically within 12 hours or less!